Mississippi College’s Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) degree with Accounting Concentration focuses on financial reporting and auditing skills needed in today's business environment. Offered fully online, in a hybrid format or through evening courses at our Clinton, Mississippi campus, this specialized M.B.A. degree offers flexibility to working professionals.
Our two-year Accounting M.B.A. program offers a career-advancing combination of business management and accounting courses. It provides the educational background to become a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), to attain other professional certifications or to build more intensive accounting knowledge for management students. If students are interested in focusing their graduate degree solely in accounting, they should consider MC’s Master of Accountancy degree.
|MGT 6570||Leadership in a Global Environment||3|
|FIN 6541||Financial Management||3|
|MGT 6571||Quantitative Analysis||3|
|MGT 6572||Strategic Management||3|
|GBU 6552||Law and Ethics in the Business Environment||3|
|M.B.A. Accounting Curriculum|
|ACC 6504||Federal Tax Accounting||3|
|ACC 6510||Auditing Concepts & Applications||3|
|ACC 6511||Accounting Theory||3|
|ACC 6502||Advanced Accounting II||3|
Our Accounting M.B.A. program builds on a core of undergraduate courses normally taught in business schools. All of the M.B.A. prerequisites can be obtained from our night class schedule.
|GENERAL FOUNDATION COURSES||HOURS|
|Principles of Accounting||3|
|FIN 341||Business Finance||3|
|GBU 251||Business Statistics||3|
|MIS 099||Spreadsheet Proficiency Exam||0|
|ADDITIONAL FOUNDATION COURSES FOR M.B.A. WITH ACCOUNTING CONCENTRATION||HOURS|
|ACC 301-302||Intermediate Accounting||6|
|ACC 303||Cost Accounting||3|
|ACC 403||Federal Tax Accounting||3|
|ACC 407||Governmental Accounting||3|
|GBU 358||Business Law & Ethics||3|
Accounting M.B.A. Admissions
The following items are required for acceptance into the Mississippi College M.B.A. program with Accounting Concentration:
- Completed online application
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university
- Possess an undergraduate record and/or work experience that indicates the ability to pursue the M.B.A. program:
- 3.00 GPA and above (GMAT is waived)
- 2.25-2.99 GPA must meet one of the following:
- 3-5 years of appropriate professional experience (submit a resume)
- For students that must meet the GMAT requirement, an appropriate score must be submitted by the end of the first semester (maximum of 9 hours) in which graduate level classes are taken. Students without a GMAT score after their first semester of graduate work will not be allowed to enroll in any subsequent graduate courses.
Earn your M.B.A. in Accounting from Mississippi College
Offered on-campus or online, Mississippi College’s Accounting M.B.A. program balances business management courses with advanced knowledge in accounting. The accounting courses meet CPA licensure requirements, and the M.B.A. courses open a variety of pathways towards corporate accounting as well as management careers in banking or auditing.
By pursuing a Master of Business Administration with an Accounting concentration, our graduates emerge from this specialized M.B.A. degree as well-rounded business professionals ready to pursue a variety of career paths.