Mississippi College’s Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) degree with Accounting Concentration focuses on financial reporting and auditing skills needed in today's business environment. Offered fully online, in a hybrid format or through evening courses at our Clinton, Mississippi campus, this specialized M.B.A. degree offers flexibility to working professionals.
Our two-year Accounting M.B.A. program offers a career-advancing combination of business management and accounting courses. It provides the educational background to become a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), to attain other professional certifications or to build more intensive accounting knowledge for management students. If students are interested in focusing their graduate degree solely in accounting, they should consider MC’s Master of Accountancy degree.
|Leadership in a Global Environment
|Law and Ethics in the Business Environment
|M.B.A. Accounting Curriculum
|Federal Tax Accounting
|Auditing Concepts & Applications
|Advanced Accounting II
Our Accounting M.B.A. program builds on a core of undergraduate courses normally taught in business schools. All of the M.B.A. prerequisites can be obtained from our night class schedule.
|GENERAL FOUNDATION COURSES
|Principles of Accounting
|Spreadsheet Proficiency Exam
|ADDITIONAL FOUNDATION COURSES FOR M.B.A. WITH ACCOUNTING CONCENTRATION
|Federal Tax Accounting
|Business Law & Ethics
Accounting M.B.A. Admissions
The following items are required for acceptance into the Mississippi College M.B.A. program with Accounting Concentration:
- Completed online application
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university
- Possess an undergraduate record and/or work experience that indicates the ability to pursue the M.B.A. program:
- 3.00 GPA and above (GMAT is waived)
- 2.25-2.99 GPA must meet one of the following:
- 3-5 years of appropriate professional experience (submit a resume)
- For students that must meet the GMAT requirement, an appropriate score must be submitted by the end of the first semester (maximum of 9 hours) in which graduate level classes are taken. Students without a GMAT score after their first semester of graduate work will not be allowed to enroll in any subsequent graduate courses.
Earn your M.B.A. in Accounting from Mississippi College
Offered on-campus or online, Mississippi College’s Accounting M.B.A. program balances business management courses with advanced knowledge in accounting. The accounting courses meet CPA licensure requirements, and the M.B.A. courses open a variety of pathways towards corporate accounting as well as management careers in banking or auditing.
By pursuing a Master of Business Administration with an Accounting concentration, our graduates emerge from this specialized M.B.A. degree as well-rounded business professionals ready to pursue a variety of career paths.
Note: Specific requirements to sit for the CPA Exam vary from state to state. Mississippi College has determined the BSBA in Accounting, Accounting Certificate, MBA in Accounting, and Master of Accountancy meet the requirements for eligibility for CPA licensure in the State of Mississippi. These requirements may be found on the website of the Mississippi Board of Public Accountancy at www.msbpa.ms.gov. For CPA requirements in other states, please refer to the CPA state board websites in those states.