Mississippi College School of Business is taking the bold step of obedience in following the Great Commission and is establishing The Center for Faith, Service, and Ethics. The new Center will promote and enhance faith-driven and ethical awareness of both MC students and the business community through a variety of programs and events including:
- Enhanced curriculum with service-learning components
- A Servant Leadership academic minor and/or emphasis
- Faith, Service, & Ethics Week and Luncheon
- Speaker Series focused on Ethics & Service
- Establish, schedule and promote Community Series providing training for corporate, small businesses, churches, faith-based and non-profit organizations, their leaders, staff, and boards
- Training for faith-based and non-profit organizations, their leaders, staff, and boards
- Plan, develop, and fund service internships for students to assist and support faith-based organizations
The name “The Center” was selected because Jesus Christ is The Center of the vision, mission, & key pillars.
Mission & Vision
- Vision: The Center’s vision is to be a leader in equipping students to fulfill the Great Commission.
- Mission: The Center’s mission is to equip our students with a quality business education in a Christian environment so they may honor and glorify God with a life of faith, integrity, service, and leadership throughout their professional and personal lives.
Three Pillars of The Center
- Academics – Coordinating efforts across the School of Business to equip students with a quality education in a Christian environment.
- Faith & Ethics – Promote and enhance a faith-driven & ethical awareness in the business vocations.
- Service & Leadership – Promote and enhance a faith-driven service & leadership orientation including outreach and community responsibility.
Billy Morehead, Ph.D., CPA, CGFM, CGMA
Director of The Center of Faith, Service, and Ethics